Metal Organic CVD (MOCVD) Systems
Our MOCVD systems have the capability of depositing layers of desired composition on a suitable substrate with graded composition (achieved by programming the software to ramp the appropriate flows). Exact process control produces MOCVD layers with abrupt interfaces or individual layers having a graded composition.
Our MOCVD systems are designed to meet your production requirements with flexibility and low operating cost. The systems allow for the deposition of II-VI and III-V materials. Batch processing of single wafers or multiple wafers is available. The systems are designed to process wafer sizes as specified by the end user. A temperature controlled showerhead delivering exact quantities of precursors and gases, coupled with substrate rotation during deposition, provides excellent deposition uniformity.
Operated through our CVDWinPrC™ process control software, the system automatically logs data and graphically displays the time dependent values of user selected parameters. CVDWinPrC™ allows users to load preprogrammed recipes, modify, check/create new recipes and view real time or saved execution data.
Designed to meet today’s stringent safety standards, the system can safely handle pyrophoric and toxic chemicals. The loadlock chamber option prevents process chamber contamination from air when loading/unloading substrates. The system has application configurable safety protocols imbedded into the CVDWinPrC™ software.
MOCVD SYSTEM FEATURES & OPTIONS
- CVDWinPrC™ system control software for real time process control, data logging, and recipe editing
- Quartz process chamber
- Wafer size depends on requirements of end user
- Resistance heater for temperatures up to 1000 °C
- Temperature controlled showerhead
- Wafer rotation
- Molybdenum or SiC coated graphite susceptor
- Adjustable distance between wafer and showerhead
- Low pressure operation from 100 mTorr - 700 Torr
- Automatic substrate loading/unloading
- UHP gaslLines
- Metal organic liquid source bubblers
- User settable warnings and alarms
- Comprehensive software and hardware safety system
- One (1) year warranty
- Semi - S2/S8 and CE compliant
- Stainless steel chamber
- Horizontal induction (RF) heating for process temperatures > 1500 °C
- Loadlock to protect the process chamber from ambient atmosphere
- Hydrogen purifier
- Ar/N2 purged glovebox
- Residual gas analyzer
- CiphercoN™ hazardous gas cabinets
- MicroLine™ or SimplicitY UHP gas panels for argon, nitrogen, helium, oxygen
- CVDExhaust™ gas conditioning system
powered by CVDWinPrC™
Operated through our CVDWinPrC™ process control software, the systems automatically log data and graphically show time-dependent values of user-selected parameters. CVDWinPrC™ also allows users to load preprogrammed recipes, modify, check and create new recipes, and view realtime or saved process data.
The systems have application configured safety protocols embedded into relay logic, PLC, and CVDWinPrC™ software.
The images shown are examples of many CVD systems we design and manufacture in-house for innovators working on next generation process and material development.
We have customers worldwide at universities, governmental labs, start-ups, and fortune 500 companies.