Selenization and Sulfurization Systems
Our SAS process systems use thermal treatment (either infrared or resistance) with precursors such as diethylselenide and hydrogen sulfide. The SAS process is used commercially in the solar industry for CIGS, CIS, and CIGSeS thin film solar module production. Surfaces are controllably converted into either a selenide or sulfide compound.
SAS SYSTEM FEATURES & OPTIONS
- CVDWinPrC™ system control software for real time process control, data logging, and recipe editing
- Argon glove box for handling air sensitive substrates
- Computer control system
- Six (6) gas lines with individual flow rate controls
- Static mixer for optimum gas mixing
- Integrated vacuum control system for operation from 1 to 740 Torr and pump-down of a clean and dry chamber to a base pressure of <50 mTorr
- Process temperature – up to 700 °C at >20 °C per second
- Safety control system
- Gas leak detection
- Low pressure vapor delivery system of diethyl selenide liquid precursor
- Solid source selenization using a closed box and an independent Selenium source heater
- Exhaust gas conditioning system with sodium hydroxide (NaOH) re-circulation system with pH monitoring
powered by CVDWinPrC™
Operated through our CVDWinPrC™ process control software, the systems automatically log data and graphically show time-dependent values of user-selected parameters. CVDWinPrC™ also allows users to load preprogrammed recipes, modify, check and create new recipes, and view realtime or saved process data.
The systems have application configured safety protocols embedded into relay logic, PLC, and CVDWinPrC™ software.
The images shown are examples of many CVD systems we design and manufacture in-house for innovators working on next generation process and material development.
We have customers worldwide at universities, governmental labs, start-ups, and fortune 500 companies.