Low Pressure CVD (LPCVD) Systems
Our LPCVD systems can uniformly deposit many thin film materials, including wide bandgap semiconductors, silicon carbide (SiC), nitrides, oxides, poly silicon, transparent conductive oxides (TCOs), Si/SiGe epitaxial films, metallic and ceramic films, etc. The LPCVD systems are also used for nanomaterials synthesis including carbon nanotubes, graphene, semiconducting nanowires, and 2D crystals including boron nitride and transitional metal dichalcogenides (TMDs). LPCVD coatings typically exhibit excellent uniformity, high purity, and good step coverage.
We apply different vacuum system technologies depending on the requirements of the process. Vacuum systems are selected based on the types of chemistries involved and process pressure requirements. Our vacuum system solutions are designed to be low maintenance, robust, and reliable. Vacuum systems are integrated into a central control and safety system.
LPCVD SYSTEM FEATURES & OPTIONS
- Processing of wafers up to 300 mm in diameter
- Operational temperatures from 100 °C to 1100 °C with resistance heating, or > 1400 °C with induction heating
- CVDWinPrC™ system control software for real time process control, data logging, and recipe editing
- Closed tube processing for a high purity and reproducible environment resulting in increased production yields
- Moving furnace element for fast heat-up and cool down, and to ensure the proper process atmosphere exists prior to processing
- Cantilever loading system for automatic noncontact loading of the wafer boat for minimal particle generation
- Cascade temperature control using external (furnace) and internal (process) thermocouples for real time continuous in situ control of temperature profiles
- Better than 0.5 °C flat temperature zone up to 48" in length
- Independent computer control of each process tube
- Multi-chamber cluster systems available
powered by CVDWinPrC™
Operated through our CVDWinPrC™ process control software, the systems automatically log data and graphically show time-dependent values of user-selected parameters. CVDWinPrC™ also allows users to load preprogrammed recipes, modify, check and create new recipes, and view realtime or saved process data.
The systems have application configured safety protocols embedded into relay logic, PLC, and CVDWinPrC™ software.