Low Pressure CVD (LPCVD) Systems
Our LPCVD systems can uniformly deposit many thin film materials, including wide bandgap semiconductors, silicon carbide (SiC), nitrides, oxides, poly and epi silicon, transparent conductive oxides (TCOs), graphene, Si/SiGe epitaxial films, metallic and ceramic films, etc. The LPCVD systems are also used for nanomaterials synthesis including carbon nanotubes, graphene, semiconducting nanowires, and 2D crystals including boron nitride and molybdenum disulfide. LPCVD coatings typically exhibit excellent uniformity, high purity, and good step coverage.
We apply different vacuum system technologies depending on the requirements of the process. Vacuum systems are selected based on the types of chemistries involved and process pressure requirements. Our vacuum system solutions are designed to be low maintenance, robust, and reliable. Vacuum systems are integrated into a central control and safety system.
- Processing of wafers up to 300 mm in diameter
- Operational temperatures from 100 °C to 1300 °C
- CVDWinPrC™ system control software for real time process control, data logging, and recipe editing
- Closed tube processing for a high purity and reproducible environment resulting in increased production yields
- Moving furnace element for fast heat-up and cool down, and to insure the proper process atmosphere exists prior to processing
- Cantilever loading system for automatic noncontact loading of the wafer boat for minimal particle generation
- Cascade temperature control using external (furnace) and internal (process) thermocouples for real time continuous in situ control of temperature profiles
- Better than 0.5 °C flat temperature zone up to 48" in length
- Independent computer control of each process tube
- Multi-chamber cluster systems available