Mechanical Design Engineer
Position is primarily responsible for product engineering, design and development of custom capital Semiconductor, Nanotechnology and Industrial Process Equipment.
- Conceptual design and solid-modeling of complete system.
- Engineering calculations of strength, force, thermal transfer.
- Periodic design reviews.
- Selection of components and vendors.
- BOMs management.
- Cost and schedule control.
- Generation of detail drawings.
- Manufacturing assistance.
- Occasional travel (position is based at CVD’s headquarters in Central Islip, New York)
Education & Experience:
A BSME or similar degree is required. Candidate with extensive experience may be exempt from degree requirements.
Candidate must have experience with Solid Modeling CAD software, AutoDesk Inventor experience preferred, and must be proficient with Windows OS, Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Experience with sheet metal design.
- Experience with frame and panel assembly design.
- Linear and rotary mechanisms.
- Experience with resistance furnaces, infrared & induction heating, RF plasma generation
- Experience with high purity reactive gas handling and high vacuum.
- Experience with semiconductor transport mechanisms and wafer handling systems.
- Knowledge of automated process control equipment design, manufacturing and operation.
- Knowledge of CNC Machining, CNC sheet metal workflow and CAM programming.
Duties & Skills Required:
- Process equipment design.
- Automated system operation and process knowledge.
- Manual & CNC machining, sheet metal fabrication, welding and assembly practices.
- Use of hand tools.
Successful candidate will demonstrate similar practical knowledge and experience in ongoing design of complex processing equipment with a strong preference for prior experience in the Semiconductor or Nanotechnology industries.