The Buyer is responsible for the procurement of purchased material in accordance with established procedures. This is a fast-paced office with a reasonable amount of pressure. Experience in purchasing raw materials, electrical and gas components a plus.
*US Citizenship OR Permanent Residency Required*
- Prepare and process purchase orders and documents in accordance with company policy and procedures.
- Maintain updated purchasing records/data in MRP system.
- Negotiate best price (in terms of price, quality, term, lead time delivery and service) with suppliers.
- Organize, update and retain supplier and product information files and purchase order records.
- Source parts and research to find new alternative vendors.
- Qualify new vendors
- Monitor and coordinate deliveries.
- Handle returns, claims for defectives, shortfalls and missing parts.
- Communicate with engineers and manufacturing to prevent shortages and identify quality issues
- Communicate and work with A/P staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associates or bachelor Degree or a minimum 4 years purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment
- Intimately involved in negotiating and coordinating with outside vendors.
- Knowledge of standard purchasing principles and practices
- Strong communication skills both oral and written
- Excellent computer skills especially in Microsoft applications (Excel and Word)
- Possesses an understanding of the manufacturing process
- Detail oriented and accurate
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and balance priorities
- Able to work alone and within a team
- Quick learner with great information retention
- Ability to analyze data a plus!
- US Citizenship OR Permanent Residency Required