CVD Equipment Corporation's reel-to-reel (roll-to-roll) chemical vapor deposition process tools deposit materials on a continuous roll of metal foils, plastics, fibers, and other materials in place of individual substrates. The technology has been used for superconductor tape production and nanomaterial synthesis which is growing in popularity for thin film solar applications. Reel-to-reel processing offers high production volumes at a low cost. In-line reel-to-reel processing is often preferred over batch processing for applications where multiple processing steps are required.
We have developed reel-to-reel systems for many applications. Custom systems can be engineered to accommodate various substrate widths and lengths. Photographed below is a dual chamber III-V MOCVD system with batch and reel-to-reel processing capabilities.
- CVDWinPrC™ based process control software for real time process control, data logging and display, recipe generation and editing
- Continuous processing of flexible substrates
- In-line processing for improved productivity / efficiency
- Atmospheric or low pressure processing
- Advanced tension control
- Atmospheric or low pressure chemical vapor deposition of a vast range of thin films and nanomaterials. Consult factor for more information or to request a quote.